|Date Posted||September 4, 2020|
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Digital Marketing Content Specialist will be responsible for developing optimized digital content to use in outbound marketing programs and supporting our team of marketing managers from digital content strategy through execution. This position will provide dedicated support to our Genetic Testing Solutions business, to ensure that digital channels are an integrated and optimized part of the marketing mix and that the objectives of channel preference are delivered upon. To be successful in this capacity, the candidate for this role must have excellent, proven writing skills and be comfortable working in a highly matrix environment and collaborating with large teams across the company. The ideal candidate will be passionate, have a vision for the future of digital content and marketing, and focused on delivering results while continuously improving customer centricity and experience within our digital channels.
What will you do?
- Develop optimized and impactful digital content to drive demand generation across channels (Web, Blog, SEO/SEM, Social, Display)
- Collaborate and consult with team members to develop and execute digital content for integrated digital marketing campaigns, aligned with business goals.
- Proactively identify and execute content strategies to generate awareness and drive demand for genetic testing solutions business.
- Assist in the development and use of advanced data centric targeting capabilities to drive improvements in digital content and channel effectiveness.
- Continuously optimize and refresh content across genetic testing solutions business.
- Use sound methodologies to test new strategies, tools, and capabilities that serve to advance performance
- Stay current and knowledgeable on new developments, trends, and technologies in the digital marketing and content space
- Influence and educate team members and the wider marketing organization to adopt and deploy new and emerging digital marketing content tactics and technologies
How will you get there?
- BA/BS in major in Marketing, Technical field, or equivalent professional experience preferred
- 4+ years minimum hands-on experience with the following criteria:
- Writing content for webpages, social media posts, blogs, SEM, display, etc.
- Search engine optimization content development and tracking
- Managing and optimizing SEO, SEM, social media and display advertising content
- Knowledge of relevant platforms and technology products
- Strong writing skills are required for this role, must demonstrate proven experience in writing digital content, technical writing, and/or copywriting.
- Proven track record of creating, optimizing, and reinventing campaigns to constantly improve results
- Ability to operate effectively both independently and within a team
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and budgets
- Self directed and motivated, with the ability to efficiently operate independently
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues inside and outside the organization
- Digital marketing content writing
- Google AdWords Certifications
- Science based work or educational experience
- Account or project management experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.