|Published||June 8, 2023|
National Forest Foundation (NFF) is pleased to offer a regular, full-time Digital Marketing Associate position to join our Marketing and Communications team.
About the NFF: The NFF works with communities and organizations to conserve and enhance the watersheds, wildlife habitat, wild places, and recreational opportunities across the 193-million-acre National Forest System. The NFF seeks to engage all Americans in this work.
Position Function: The Digital Marketing Associate reports to the Communications Manager. The Associate will work directly with the Marketing and Communication team to position and promote the NFF through digital content, social media marketing, email, and analytics to measure impact. Under the direction of the Communications Manager, the Associate will interface with all aspects of the Marketing and Communications department to fulfill the objectives of the NFF.
Position Duties and Responsibilities: The Digital Marketing Associate is responsible for the following:
- Develop, schedule, and post engaging content for social media channels.
- Own scheduling for social channels by utilizing Meltwater and Later platforms.
- Maintain day-to-day operations of social channels.
- Community management: Actively monitoring, engaging, and addressing partners and NFF audience on social platforms in organization voice.
- Build and maintain weekly and monthly reporting for Marketing and Communications Team to analyze content and campaign performance.
- Assist with various strategic communications initiatives such as virtual event production and influencer marketing outreach.
- Collaborate with Marketing Coordinator to help steward and grow NFF influencer partnerships.
- Collaborate with Field Marketing Coordinators to help plan and execute engaging communications around programmatic work.
- Stay up to date with relevant social media trends, new product rollouts, and be an expert on each of our social channels.
- Assist in the promotion and planning of annual communications and marketing campaigns, including National Forest Week, Earth Month, Holiday, and the Tree Planting Campaign.
- Create and execute strategies to acquire new audiences through social channels.
- Write and copyedit digital marketing communications for social channels; develop ad copy, and email appeals as needed.
- Design ads for paid advertising campaigns on social media platforms. Create short videos for TikTok and Instagram Reels. Should be comfortable with showing face in video content.
- Other projects as assigned.
Education and Qualifications: NFF expects the Digital Marketing Associate to possess the following educational and experiential qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or pursuing a degree in communications, marketing, or a similar field of study; or relevant experience/combination of education and experience in lieu of a 4-year degree.
- Solid foundation and knowledge of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn, through a professional application.
- Demonstrated expertise with copywriting and editing.
- Experience with email marketing and newsletters.
- Experience or exposure to graphic design, paid digital advertising, and/or website management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Interest in National Forests, public lands, and/or conservation.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Abilities and Skills: NFF expects the Digital Marketing Associate to possess the following proven abilities and skills:
- Ability to work independently, performing tasks, attending meetings, and managing projects with minimal oversight,
- Ability to represent the NFF with diverse constituents clearly and professionally through excellent written and oral communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills,
- Ability to collaboratively manage social channels and evaluate their outcomes against quantifiable measures of success,
- Ability to effectively manage a variety of projects and tasks to successful completion,
- Ability to work well, and be flexible in a team-oriented environment,
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
Location: The location for this position is flexible throughout the US. This position is a remote/work from home position and requires reliable internet access and a dedicated workspace.
Compensation: The NFF offers competitive compensation commensurate with candidate skills, experience, and location. Total rewards at NFF, beyond salary, include generous paid time off, employer contributions to health savings accounts, matching funds for retirement, and more. NFF has recently (August 2022) implemented a new compensation program with grade levels as part of our commitment to transparency. The salary range for this position will be in the $37,800 to $49,100 range and may be eligible for locality adjustment. Please note that the indicated salary range describes the full range for an incumbent in this position. Most new staff generally start at the beginning of the range percentile to ensure internal salary equity.
To Apply: Applications must include both a cover letter and resume. Incomplete packages will not be considered. Please apply by June 16th. Please visit our careers site to apply online.
The National Forest Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates in this search. For more information about the National Forest Foundation, visit the website at
Powered by JazzHR