|Date Posted||April 11, 2020|
The Digital Marketing Analyst will be part of the Marketing Intelligence team while working closely with members of the Interactive Marketing team to help optimize data-driven marketing strategies and tactics. Their analytical skills and digital marketing experience will help the Marketing department gain important insights into and across various digital marketing channels – and then use these insights to support the development and fine-tuning of marketing strategies and tactics. This position has an emphasis on deep-dive analyses, with the ability to identify key user segments and interpret test data to inform results and extract actionable insights that drive improved results to meet our goals.
This person will collaborate with team members and agency partners to craft comprehensive test and target plans and establish a robust measurement framework, inclusive of insights and recommendations. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and a quick learner with a desire to learn new tools and techniques. Success in this role greatly depends on his/her ability to analyze campaign results, provide actionable insights and build collaborative working relationships with team members.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a combination of strong analytical, problem-solving, and data manipulation skills and experience, the ability to synthesize analytic findings into actionable strategic recommendations, and experience in interactive/digital marketing. S/he will also work closely with several teams including Media Strategy & Buying, Campaign Management, Prospect Lifecycle, and Marketing Systems & Optimization.
- Analyzes and reports on the results of digital marketing efforts, both brand and performance marketing initiatives including, but not limited to, paid search and social, remarketing/display, online video, and email.
- Analyzes results and trends within landing pages, nurture programs, and content hubs to identify opportunities for optimization and unlocking potential for improvement.
- Utilizes predictive technology to assess future risks, opportunities, and effectiveness of campaigns. Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision-making.
- Helps design experiments to support our Test & Learn environment and follow through with analysis of results, interpretation of the data, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Working in partnership with our agency of record, reviews and analyzes results of large-scale campaigns, both at the high-level channel optimization mix level, down to the very granular ad-level performance; makes optimization recommendations and ensures all KPIs are closely monitored and appropriate optimizations are occurring to ensure the success of campaigns.
- Measures and reports performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assesses against goals/KPIs.
- Creates daily and weekly reports on digital marketing tests for leadership and communicate results.
- Works with teams to ensure necessary tagging and data infrastructure.
- Conducts ad-hoc analyses by pulling data from multiple sources including ad partner data, web data, lead data, and student data.
- Stays current on industry trends and brings forth ideas, learnings, and opportunities to help keep our team on the cutting-edge of a data-led marketing culture.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, analytics, personalization, and customer experience.
- Expert in Google Analytics and Google Ads (GA360, Domo, and Marketo a plus).
- Demonstrable experience with performance analytics for SEM, email, social media and/or video/display advertising campaigns.
- Experience analyzing conversion rates, prospect and customer trends, and identifying opportunities to isolate areas for improvement.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Compile and analyze data using advanced analytical and reporting tools; identify trends and apply tools for statistical analysis.
- Strong SQL skills a plus.
- Understanding of modeling techniques such as profile segmentation, clustering, regression and decision tree a plus.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- This full-time position is located in Manassas VA, directly off RT66. The position requires little travel outside of the metro region.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Data Analytics, Economics, Math or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a marketing analytics role.