|Date Posted||January 16, 2020|
WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
We’re a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission. We're excited to grow this team and get ready to take on even bigger challenges as we look toward 2020 and beyond.
The Training Team at ActBlue is passionate about empowering small-dollar donors through education and accessible resources. We are working to create an inclusive curriculum that will both train and inspire folks from all walks of life to start their digital fundraising program and engage small-dollar donors.
We seek a Deputy Training Director to work alongside the Training Director in the creation of a diverse and inclusive curriculum with a strong focus on tangible lessons and actionable items. The Deputy Training Director will collaborate with the Training Director and across departments to continue to organize and build the training team goals and objectives. The Deputy Training Director will travel around the country to execute external training on the tools and resources ActBlue provides and help to structure and execute an internal staff training program. The Deputy Training Director is an integral member of ActBlue’s Training Team as we grow from one to two team members and will report to the Training Director.
- Support the Training Director in updating current training materials and creating new programs and materials
- Support the Training Director in the execution and creation of both internal and external trainings
- Serve as a thought partner on building organizational structures for team goals
- Ensure all internal and external training logistics are taken care of
- Attend in-person trainings on a case by case basis
- Directly manage new team members as the team grows
- Prepare staff for trainings
- Coordinate inter-departmentally on materials and trainings
- Oversee the webinar program including creating powerpoints, day of logistics, and materials
- Serve as the liaison to both the Partnerships and Outreach teams on training related material
- Create and maintain an organization system to keep all training logistics on track
- Other duties as assigned
- Experienced in building both internal and external training programs from the bottom up: the Training team is new to ActBlue and we will need your unique vision and expertise to grow as a team!
- A strong staff manager: As our team grows the Deputy Director will directly manage new staff.
- A dynamic public speaker: The Deputy Training Director will serve as both an external and internal trainer for our partners, campaigns, candidates, and staff.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills: Trainings are happening almost every month both internally and externally. This person will need to be able to create systems to keep us on track and all trainings running smoothly.
- Experienced in handling training logistics: This person will oversee all training logistics both internal and external.
- Able to manage projects between stakeholders: The Deputy Training Director will work efficiently and effectively with other teams to move multi-department training projects along.
- Comfortable with high levels of travel: to honor the training team goal of accessible resources we work to meet our trainees where they are. The volume of travel will vary from two trips a month.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
ActBlue’s office is located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston’s MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time, in-office, salaried position. We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes commuter benefits; fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance; an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan; and a flexible time off policy.
<< Our goal as the training team is to provide accessible resources to progressive groups and democratic candidates across the country. To meet this goal the training team will travel to both events and trainings each month varying from 0-4 times a month. Travel may vary and continues to be a very important part of our success as a training team >>
ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.
Salary range: [$75,000-$90,000]