|Date Posted||December 12, 2019|
At TalentMinded, we’re building the next generation of talent acquisition solutions. We want to change the face of talent acquisition by developing our teams and delivering innovative, data-driven recruitment solutions, employer branding, strategy and direct industry insights. To do this, we need a Content Marketing Specialist to help build out our messaging and solidify our positioning in the market. Reporting to our Co-founder and CEO, this is a chance to own the TalentMinded brand across mediums - from social media to events and thought leadership pieces.
Who we are
For starters, we aren’t a traditional recruiting agency! At TalentMinded, our mission is to create a competitive advantage for our clients by helping them build their culture and hire the right people. We are experts in our field, backed by over 20 years of experience with modern, intelligent and creative talent acquisition strategies. We’re also the first subscription-based full-service talent acquisition company in Canada; providing our global clients end-to-end recruitment services from strategy to branding and execution.
Who we need
We’re looking for someone excited by the opportunity to continue to build our brand and join our team; someone who wants to lead and own the conversation around recruitment-as-a-service, talent best practices and its benefits. You’re detailed oriented, articulate, and an excellent content writer who’s eager to define our purpose, value proposition and growth strategy. We need someone who can write engaging thought leadership pieces, increase organic and sponsored traffic to our website and execute targeted email and ad campaigns. We’re also open to new and creative ideas to help achieve our strategic goals.
Who you are
You’re full of tenacity, have outstanding business acumen and are ready to take on a greenfield opportunity to elevate the TalentMinded brand. Your thoughtful writing excites the reader and encourages them to learn more - whether that’s about our services, events or awesome professional opportunities.
Eager to learn and excited by new challenges, ambiguity doesn’t scare you and you’re okay building the bridge as you cross it. An excellent multi-tasker, you prioritize tasks easily and have the ability to distill mountains of information down to essential messaging.
What’s in it for you
- Impact. You want to influence the future of talent acquisition; establishing TalentMinded as a global market-leader. You want to see the impact strong messaging, positioning and content have on our organization’s success. This is a chance to see the results of your efforts; to measure the effect you have on our growth.
- Exposure. You want to expand your knowledge, perfect your craft and sharpen your growth marketing skills. You will be mentored by our CEO, Kim Benedict, who’s heavily invested in marketing’s success, is open to new ideas and will give you the autonomy to execute and innovate.
- Professional development. This is an opportunity to build a career in talent acquisition, social media marketing and content development where you’ll have access to courses, mentors and conferences.
Here’s what you will do as our Content Marketing Specialist:
- Create. You will lead all brand communication; developing and executing a content strategy. You will own our website - its look, feel and tone of voice; constantly looking for ways to improve it.
- Spark interest. Through social media, email campaigns and digital ads, you will create hype around the TalentMinded brand as well as events. Through community partnerships, PR efforts and thought leadership, you will increase brand awareness and engagement.
- Build relationships. You will get to know the team, who does what, where they sit, what card game they’ll steal from you at every Holiday gift exchange and what they are working on. You will become a deep subject matter expert, offering insights on how to best leverage the TalentMinded brand to engage candidates and keep clients happy.
Here’s what you bring:
- The knowledge. You have a post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, journalism or a related field. You’re a creative who’s keen to put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard to create content that’s insightful, engaging and interesting.
- The experience. You have hands-on experience as part of an incredibly fast-moving organization with multiple parts, people, deliverables, and layers. Whether that’s as part of a marketing team or through academic groups and volunteer projects, we’re interested to see how you present yourself as the person for this role.
- A sense of fabulousness, fun, and fashion (A love of the colour turquoise will definitely garner bonus points!). You also have a strong karaoke repertoire.
- An unbeatable communication style. You are comfortable working closely with internal and external teams; working directly with senior members of the team, speaking directly with industry leaders and potential clients.
- Curiosity. The confidence to learn new technologies and processes and take calculated risks and try new things.
- A sense of balance and of ownership. You can work fast but you can easily shift priorities. You are meticulous but you understand the importance of volume and producing results. You don’t need to be told what to do, you see gaps, and you fill them. If there is work to be done, you are already on it.
Here’s what you should know about TalentMinded:
- We’ve had a tremendous first five years and we have no intention of slowing down.
- We host a lot of events and we’re always innovating on new ideas.
- We believe that recruitment is a critical business process; not just a function of HR. That means we think differently and break new ground - we’re writing the playbook!
- We love technology, but we also value the importance of face-to-face connections and putting the human in the recruitment process and how people interact with our brand.
- We have processes, but we aren’t strangled in layers of approval.
- We care about candidate experience - a lot.
- We believe in aligning company brand and the employment value proposition.
- We are committed to helping our people grow and consistently stretch their ability.
- And, we believe in being awesome!
What’s the downside?
- We are still scaling. We have awesome onboarding processes and capitalize on training opportunities when they arise but we don’t have a formal training and development department. You will need to take the initiative to identify when and where you need professional development opportunities.
- We work fast. Recruitment is hard and moves fast. We are responsive and operate at lightning speed. This isn’t for the faint of heart.
- We are project-based...but we aren’t. Recruitment is a continuous pursuit. You will need to adapt your thinking to take the wins as you roll into the next task.
We have so much more to tell you about TalentMinded and our future. If our values and our path sound like something you’d like to explore, we’d love to learn more about your career goals.
Think you don’t have it all but feel you can make a difference here? Submit your application and tell us why we should hire you. We promise to consider your full profile.
TalentMinded welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.