Assistant, Digital Marketing
|Published||February 10, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
* Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
* Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
* Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
* Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds - an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Assistant, Digital Marketing
A little bit about our team:
The Digital team at 300 Entertainment is a full-service, agency-like marketing team, dedicated to building artist careers through the intersection of music and technology. They are responsible for all digital strategy and marketing for all artists on the roster, acting as artist partners in our 360 relationships, across music, touring, merch, and all other aspects of the artist career. Through creative marketing campaigns, they build online fan communities, with an eye towards evolving the way that fans listen to, participate in, and purchase music and related products. They create, market, distribute and optimize content, develop and implement CRM/fan acquisition strategies, and work with new, engaging digital platforms and startups.
You'll provide support to the digital department as a whole. You'll wear a lot of hats and you'll have the opportunity and responsibility to get involved in all aspects of our marketing strategy, with a unique insight into the company, both at a high level, as well as digging in deep with one of the biggest teams in the company. This role is a stepping stone to become a digital marketer. If you love all things digital, don't mind listening to loud music all day, can actively participate in spontaneous brainstorms, and love a fast-paced environment, then this is the place for you.
Here you'll get to:
* General support of the digital department to keep everything running smoothly and efficient
* Compile and distribute industry reports internally to respective artist teams
* Participate in digital marketing creative brainstorming
* Handle ad-hoc projects such as presentation creation and industry analysis
* Act as a liaison with external partners to coordinate department wide meetings and securing internal facilities as needed
* Initiate purchase orders and process department invoices for payment by AP
* Coordinate day-to-day tools and asset coordination via account services (i.e. Box, Lastpass, Department Calendar)
* Assist digital team and artists with social media management
* You are nice!
* You enjoy finding creative solutions to difficult problems
* You are a self-starter and highly motivated
* You have AMAZING organizational abilities and excellent attention to detail
* You LOVE technology, social media and music (and use it!)
* You are able to prioritize multiple deadlines and urgent tasks
* You are a quick learner and aren't afraid to ask questions
* You are excited to learn a little bit of everything and willing to jump in on any project
* You are outgoing and confident interfacing with all employees/external partners
* You are curious and ask questions
We'd love it if you also had:
* You have a BS or BA in Marketing. Communications or similar
* Music/entertainment-related internships or experience
* Understanding of current digital marketing landscape and keeps up with emerging trends
* Some experience with Photoshop, basic HTML, social media publishing tools
* A bit of experience in an assistant/support/operations role in the music/entertainment industry or other face-paced, innovative environment
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX - the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways - and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) - the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the "Apply" link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Job Posting Range
$19.23 to $20.51 Hourly
Job Posting Ranges are included for all New York and California job postings and 100% remote roles where talent can be located in NYC and CA. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright 2023 Warner Music Inc.